From:
Alicia Browne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 1994 08:02:56 EDT
Hello everybody:
I'm doing some research on the use of first and third person interpretation in
living history museums.  I'm particularly interested in how visitors react to
costumed interpreters.  Do they like the human presence?  Are they made uncom-
fortable?  Do they feel they can't ask certain important questions because the
interpreters will not acknowledge times later than those they are portraying?
I would be interested in personal experiences of people on the list, as well as
sources I should turn to.  I feel so far that there do not seem to be many
studies of how people react to living history interpretation and how people
learn in that environment.  Anyway, I would be interested in any insights peop-
le have.  Please respond to me personally. Thanks in advance.
Alicia Browne