From:
JCA Boeyens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 09:09:33 +0200
Carol

I really hope that you get lots of positive replies because if museums
cannot promote tolerance I don't know that a country like SA can afford
them at all. Certainly the idea that museums can effect the way people
see the past and other people is an underlying agenda in many of the
developments in SA museums at the moment. I can say without any
doubt that museums can promote intolerance (if not actually create it).

Kathryn Mathers
Pretoria