From:
jenni rodda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 1994 10:48:07 -0500
Hello, everyone, and my apologies for the cross-posting:

Any of you attending the ARLIS/VRA/CAA annual meeting marathon and coming in
from other parts of the country should be aware that the weather on the East
Coast this winter has been a bt unpredictable.  Temperatures have been running
15 to 20 degrees below normal, and we have had some of the most bizarre
combinations of precipitation I have ever seen.

I'm not a weatherperson, nor a seer, so I'm not even going to hazard a guess
as to what the weather will be like here in 2 weeks.  You will be well-advised,
however, to bring layers of warm clothes, waterproof boots or shoes, an
umbrella, gloves, hats, and all those other winter accessories.  Temperatures
will most likely be in the 20s, it might snow, it might rain, it might be
sunny.  Call your various airlines and carriers to be sure that your travel
arrangements will not be effected by the weather.

Again, if anyone needs help in finding their way into Manhattan, please
contact me directly.

See you all soon--

Jenni Rodda
VP, VRA, and Curator, Visual Resources Collectios
Institute of Fine Arts
212-772-5872 (voice, usually mine)