From:
Barbara Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 1997 14:23:00 PDT
Susan Meadows wrote:  " ... if I was using material from the internet in an
article or essay, I would be more inclined to cite it as an appendix and
provide the material with the article/essay.  That way, the reader can
access it readily."

I feel there is a problem with this solution.  In the not-so-distant future,
more of our citations are likely to come from the web or some other internet
incarnation.  Also, some people write research about information that all
comes from various parts of the web.  Putting the cited material in an
appendix could make for an extremely fat appendix!

Barbara Palmer