From:
Reuben Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:15:33 -0400
from "Frequently Asked Questions about Cookies:"
"...Finally, in conjunction with our mandatory
registration, we use cookies to track usage of the
site. We never give out information to others about
individual usage. This is the foundation of our privacy
policy. We do provide our advertisers with aggregate
information, such as: "1,000 Members saw your
advertisement today, and 500 of them clicked on it." We
can also tell how many Members looked at a particular
section, how often users come back, and what areas of
the site frequent and light users look at most often
and least often. For more information please read our
privacy policy."

From "NYT Web Privacy Policy: Registration:"
Registration: During a free registration process prior
to using the site, The New York Times on the Web
requires that you supply a unique member ID, e-mail
address, and demographic information (country, zip
code, age, sex; household income, industry, job title,
job function, and subscription status to The New York
Times newspaper). You must agree to the terms of our
Subscriber Agreement.

Reuben Bell, III
Events & PR Coordinator
Glencairn Museum