From:
Rolf den Otter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum discussion list [to be moved from UMN on Aug 1]
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 13:46:42 +0000
Dear mr/ms,
Maybe this is not the right spot for my questions.
If this is so, can you gvie me an E-mail adres
where I can ask these questions?
Thanks already!

Hello,
My name is Rolf den Otter, and I am living in Geldrop
(Netherlands).
I am searching for Information about the Dutch painter
Herophilip Ross (also spelled: Rosz)
Who lived 11770-1826
He is discribed in a book by P.A. Scheen about
Dutch painters (1970)
I know only one painting of him, a portrait of
Syb. elzoo Strangh, a teacher at the University in Groningen
(nl.) 1810?
This picture hangs in the "senaatskamer" of the university of
Groningen.
Herophilip Ross (Rosz) has been working and studying in
Danmark for
a couple of years
(kopenhavn, art collige) and made in the beginning of the 19
century
a journy to Italy.
He also worked in Hamburg, bremen Amsterdam and groningen

These are the questions I would like to ask:
1) Are there any paintings known by Herophilip Ross (Rosz)?
2) At wich institutions can I try to find paintings by
Herophilip Ross (Rosz)
   in Danmark or Abroad?

My E-mail adress =

With Greetings,