From:
"Nancy J. Gill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 1995 05:20:53 GMT
In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
(David) writes:

>I would like to have a map, that with a press of a button, will show
>lava flow, then an ice flow, and a flood area.  These three areas
would be
>show their flows over the same map.  I was thinking about fiber
optics,
>but there must be other ways to do this...  It would be nice if each
of
>the flows could be a solid color.  It seems to me that I have seem
someone
>do this with different layes of glass, and was able to light up each
>one...    Anyone done this before?

The Oakland Museum has a large map of California that is mounted
parallel to the floor, and is back lit with different colors to show
the effect of water levels, glacial movement, etc. throughout the eons.

--
Nancy J. Gill ([log in to unmask])
Alameda, CA

People call me feminist whenever I express sentiments that
differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute.
Rebecca West (1892-1983)
British writer