From:
Lynne Ranieri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:31:39 -0400
> First of all, I fail to see how this is museum business and therefore somewhat
> in appropriate to this list.

    I am at a loss to see why this is *not* appropriate to this list.  I was not asking for anyone's opinion as to whether the flag should be spared from permanent destruction, but, rather, if list members can suggest museums that might be interested in acquiring it before it is
lost.  In asking if anyone can suggest one or more places that can step in to help make a determination as to whether this should be the fitting (and irreversible) step for this artifact, I have presumed that no place is better than this list for helping with this information.
   Do I not recall a recent posting to this list mentioning that a group was trying to look ahead to see what artifacts of the tragedy would be of interest to the next generation(s)?  Is this not a similar situation wherein the museums may wish to consider whether this may be one of
those potentially important or dramatic items?  How would you suggest I alert them to the imminent detsruction of an item that might be of some importance to an historical collection?
Lynne