From:
Rebecca Zisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:18:44 EST
I have had a lot of luck using teaching as an additional part-time job.  I am
registered as a substitute teacher for the local school district.  I can
teach at all grade levels, including night school.  And our school district
is year-round, so that means extra money in the summer, too.  I also teach
two classes each semester for the local community college.  If you have a
masters degree and any teaching (or even public speaking) experience, you can
usually teach introductory courses in your field.  In the last year, I've
been teaching Distance Education classes at the community college level.  I
do this for the local community college, but since it's "Distance" Education,
you can look for community colleges all over the country that need DE
professors.

And, in case you need more ideas, I also pick up extra money doing freelance
research, freelance grantwriting and even mystery shopping!

Good luck,

Rebecca Zisch
Lied Discovery Children's Museum
Las Vegas, Nevada