From:
Aqualieb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 04:51:14 GMT
An avocational group that I am treasurer of has concluded an archaeological and
historical investigation of one of the sites we have been involved with
recently.

At the site, we recovered a clump of material that contained about a hundred
buttons.  Our newly forming museum needs only a few dozen and a few thousand
more buttons remain on board.  We are not interested in recovering any more
than what we already have.

I could return the buttons to the wrecksite, but we are talking about a only
few dozen buttons; they fit in the palm of your hand.  We are a non-profit
group involved in fund-raising for our museum and would like to sell off the
remaining buttons to area museums and other interested buyers.  I don't know if
museums that have over-burdened inventories do the same or not.  I would like
to sell these buttons to benefit our museum project, which in itself is a
cultural boon to the community.  Is this ethically correct?

Please post responses, viewpoints and opinions here.  Please, do not e-mail me
directly.

Thank you,
Aqualieb