From:
Kathy Henri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 12:13:58 -0400
Mariana-

The Ventura County Museum of History & Art (Ventura, Calif.) is a local
museum that also houses a research library with a large collection of
historical photos, maps, manuscripts, books, and etc. Currently, the Library
has shorter hours than the Museum, and has a lockable gate in the Museum
lobby to close it off from visitors during special museum programs. In the
near future we will be starting a capital campaign to raise funds for a new
building, which will house (in separate areas) both the Library collection
and the rest of the Museum's collection. We have always had both Museum and
Library in the same building, and wouldn't have it any other way. Contact me
off-list if you want more info.

Kathy Henri
Collections Mgr.
Ventura County Museum of History & Art