From:
"Holland, Jane" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:39:23 -0400
I have worked in two museums that had reproduction period costume items
(both for exhibit and for wearing) made by costume makers from the
Stratford Festival workshop in Ontario.  I understood that many of them
work on contract and have a down time of a couple of months, when they
are looking for other work.  Both of the costume makers hired did
lovely, high quality work, historically accurate, and worked closely
with museum staff.  Unfortunately, I can't remember their names, but if
you interested I can contact museum friends with better memories than
mine.  Although I don't have personal experience with it, there is also
the Costumemaker Studio in Toronto, which advertises in museum
publications and specializes in historic reproductions; the telephone
number is (416) 438-5728.