From:
"R. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 03:09:26 GMT
San Francisco Intl Airport <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jan 1995, Anne Fuhrman wrote:
>
> > Did anyone notice the Keith Haring lookalike figures in the Honda
> > commercials toward the end of the Super Bowl last night?  Does anyone know
> > if the artist's estate had any involvement in those advertisements?

There was an article a week or so ago in the NY Times Advertising
Column (I think) about the ads. I assumed they were working with
the Keith Haring Foundation since Keith's initial supporters were
Japanese collectors (in the bad old East Village Art days). His
Pop Shop is still open in New York and, I guess, Japan. I
think he would have gotten a real kick out of the ads and I'm sure
Honda paid through the nose.

Robbin Murphy