From:
Roger Wulff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:44:11 -0400
Dear Wayne:

I think the main question you should ask yourself and your Board is "How
seriously are you considering the installation of an I-Max Theater?"
Mac West provided some good initial questions for you to think about.

If you are seriously considering an I-Max Theater, then you are
seriously considering multiple million dollar - costs and potential
income.  Serious consideration of a project of this magnitude warrants a
complete and up-to-date Feasibility Study by a reputable firm.
Generalized answers to your initial posting may not provide you and your
Board with the information you need to make an intelligent decision for
your museum.

A good Feasibility Study will answer serious questions concerning the
potential impact of an I-Max theater operation on your museum's mission
and other programs/operations, provide actual Capital Costs of the
proposed theater (design-construction-equipment), project theater
staffing requirements and their related costs, provide Life Cycle
Costing Data on comparable I-Max operations in your market area, provide
income figures for comparable I-Max operations in your market area and
provide a number of financing options for the costs involved in
establishing an I-Max Theater at your specfic location.  A Feasibility
Study will allow you to answer your own "was it benefical" question
based upon hard data.

If you and your Board are interested in obtaining serious answers for
your questions, please contact us as we work with The Real Estate
Services Group of Arthur Andersen in the area of Feasibility Studies.

Kind Regards

Roger Wulff

W Hart wrote:

We are considering installation of an I-Max theater.  Can anyone give us
an account of their experiences with initial costs, annual maintenance
costs, hidden problems encountered, and most importantly "Was it
beneficial"?

Thank you,
Wayne Hart, Executive Director
Museum of Valor

Visit our New Web Site and our New BARNES & NOBLE MUSEUM BOOKSTORE at:

        http://www.washingtonpost.com/yp/museumshopint

Museum Services International is a non-profit organization which
provides planning and implementation services in all areas of cultural
and museum operations - especially in the area of "Economuseology."