From:
Jim Croft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 1994 09:16:24 +1100
> The program for the MCN 1994 conference is taking shape.  One
> possible program session would address diaster preparedness for
> automated systems.  Abby McLean from the Wolfsonian Foundation in
> Miami has offered to describe their diaster p lans which were
> recently tested when the hurrican struck S. Florida.  I'm looking
> for other potential panelists who have good diaster plans and would
> be willing to share them, or whose institutions recently faced
> disasters (the most dramatic being hurricane, earthquake, flood,
> although certainly localized diasters such as fire, or a broken pipe
> would qualify) and now have rethought their approach to diaster
> planning.  Remember, the focus is on diaster planning for autom
> ation.  If interested, or if you have a suggestion, please contact
> me.
>
> Rachel Allen
> MCN Conference Program Chair
> c/o National Museum of American Art
> Smithsonian Institution
> Washington, DC  20560
> 202/357-1626

This sounds like a very interesting topic, especially inview of current
happenings around the world...

Walter Henry ([log in to unmask]), moderator of the Consdist list
maintains a wais archive of electronically available Disaster/emergency
plans - links to this server can be picked up through our gopher and WWW
servers (155.187.10.12, ports 70 and 80 respectively).  There are about
8 or so good plans available there.

I have extracted these and marked then up in html and made them
available through our WWW server
(URL = http://155.187.10.12/disaster/disaster.html) plus links to a
couple of other disaster gophers.  Also available is our fire emergency
procedures and protection strategy.

If anyone else has disaster plans, please send them to Walter so they
can be added to this archive.  If you do not have one yet, the
information in this archive is a very good place to start.

jim
Jim Croft           [Herbarium CBG]               internet: [log in to unmask]
Australian National Botanic Gardens                  voice:  +61-6-2509 490
GPO Box 1777, Canberra, ACT 2601, AUSTRALIA            fax:  +61-6-2509 599
                          URL=http://155.187.10.12:80/people/croft.jim.html
______Biodiversity Directorate, Australian Nature Conservation Agency______