From:
"BRENINGER, Leah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 11:41:00 +1100
We have a collection of items excavated from a 19th century site. The
site consisted of residential and small businesses and the material
includes domestic materials, bottles, coins, ceramics, etc. The basic
data is already recorded on a macintosh based database and we are going
to transfer into a new database on the same database system as the rest
of collection databases (Texpress). I will include the usual database
fields - reg no., current location, find location info (trench no.etc),
description, dimensions, classification, condition, materials, etc.
I was wondering if anybody has created a database specifically for
historical archaeology material. Could you tell me if there are any
other useful fields that pertain specifically to this sort of material
that would be useful to include.

Cheers,

Leah Breninger
Collection Manager