From:
Chris Godbold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 20:00:48 -0600
Jen,

A few suggestions...

1) Mount Vernon in Virginia has several outbuildings in addition to the main
house. I believe their web site is www.mountvernon.org

2) Shelburne Museum, in Shelburne, Vermont, has a large site filled with
some twenty (or so) historic structures including a sawmill, train station,
steamboat-The Ticonderoga, lighthouse, and a store. You might try them. They
are at www.shelburnemuseum.org.

A few Texan examples as well:
First, (if I may toot my own horn) I work at the Heritage Farmstead Museum,
a four acre site, which includes an 1891 historic home, an 1888 historic
home, several outbuildings, and a reproduction schoolhouse. We are at
www.heritagefarmstead.org.
Second, Old City Park in Dallas is a collection of 38 historic structures
including a bank, store, blacksmith shop, numerous homes, a train station,
and a newspaper office. They are at www.oldcitypark.org.
Finally, Farmers Branch Historical Park in Farmers Branch has numerous
historic structures as well. Their web site is
www.ci.farmers-branch.tx.us/parks/historic.html. You might also try Log
Cabin Village in Fort Worth.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,