From:
Celeste DeWald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:03:22 -0700
Susan Thurman:

We are a museum devoted to a literary figure: John Steinbeck. Below is our
contact information and a few other URL's for literary museums/organizations
in California. ALSO, I WOULD LOVE TO GET A COPY OF YOUR LIST OF LITERARY
MUSEUMS AND ORGANIZATIONS! Could you email it to me when it is completed?
Thanks!

Postal Address:
National Steinbeck Center
One Main Street
Salinas, CA 93901

Our URL:
http://www.steinbeck.org

Also, Here are some other literary museums/organizations:

Ernest Hemingway Foundation in Oak Park, Illinois:
They will be celebrating the centennial of Hemingway's birth this year.

Tor House, in honor of Robinson Jeffers:
http://www.torhouse.org/torhouse.htm

Henry Miller library:
http://www.henrymiller.org/

I've also heard that one of Jack London's homes is open to the public in
Northern California (around Napa).

Good luck in your hunt for these sources!

Warm Regards, Celeste DeWald

Celeste DeWald, Curator of Education
National Steinbeck Center
One Main Street, Salinas, CA 93901