From:
"Greenberg, Ted" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:18:46 -0700
Hi David,

Check with the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco.  They we given a violin
once owned by Jascha Hiefitz. In the agreement it was stated that it was
meant to be played.  The conservation staff has created guidelines for the
playing of the instrument on various occasions.

Ted A. Greenberg, Head Registrar at LACMA (used to work at FAMSF)