From:
Guy Hermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:39:18 -0400
>We're developing a new museum complex with four individual museum facilities
>on a 300 acre campus.  We're looking for a "package" of integrated software
>for museums that would allow us to input and generate reports on finances,
>collections, donors, volunteers and membership.  Is there such a thing out
>there and if so, what has been your experience.

Ah, if only it were so!  Even individual museums wrestle with this one.

Many people use Blackbaud's development/membership/finance software.
It does not include a collections component, however. Paciolan also
has integrated software which serves some of these needs.

A non-integrated options may suit your needs better. The risk with
any integrated software suite is that while one component may be
ideal, other components may have significant functional compromises.
Doing the leg work to balance the benefits of integration with the
functional requirements of individual departments is time consuming,
but well worth the work in the end.

Good luck.

--

Guy Hermann