From:
Kate Desulis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 08:55:48 +0000
Elyse Reissman <[log in to unmask] writes:

> We're thinking about upgrading our Raiser's Edge to the Windows version
> this summer and I'd be interested in hearing from museums who've made the
> conversion successfully. I know there were many problems with earlier
> versions. Specifically, has anyone gone from DOS to 6.3?

The Morton Arboretum upgraded from DOS to Windows last August.  We
have had several versions since then, and are now one of the few
sites running 6.3.  I must confess that our conversion from DOS was
not exactly easy.  The conversion itself took 2 weeks.  At a recent
Blackbaud User's Group meeting, we were one of only 2 sites running
6.3.

Overall, the Windows versions are *much* easier to use and
offer many more features than the DOS, so I would definitely
recommend making the conversion.

Hope this is helpful information.  I'm happy to discuss the
conversion in more detail, if you're interested.
Good luck!
Kate Desulis
The Morton Arboretum
Lisle, IL 60532