From:
Hodcarry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 14:55:58 GMT
>Speaking as a past IMLS/GOS reviewer ( no I didn't review this batch so
>don't yell at me!)  Yes, the Museums are looked at by budget size and a
>reviewer gets museums with budgets similar to th

 I have been a reviewer for the program (some years ago) as well.  I have
written applications for both fairly large museums ($2 million plus), as part
of a team, and small medium $200,000-500,000 institutions).  I have about a 20%
success rate (including a award this time around). So, my observation comes
from as least a little knowledge. It just seems to me that the program somehow
should level the playing field between large and small museums.
Just in passing-the experience of serving as a reviewer is really  worthwhile,
I would encourage anyone who has the time to apply. I honestly think it is
better than a year in Grad school.