From:
Adolf Ceska <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 1994 01:50:40 +0800
Our museum is launching a major experiment in public
programming.  Curators will be giving three lectures a day,
seven days a week (one lecture in natural history and two
lectures in human history per day). The lectures should be short
(approximately 15 to 25 minutes), and they will be either slide
presentations, or video presentations with a live curator's
commentary, or short demonstrations of whatever. The area where
this action should take place is at the top of an escalator just
in front of the entrance to the human history exhibit and
visitors will have to go through this area to enter the exhibit.

I have been asked to co-ordinate the natural history
presentations. I wonder, if any other museum has a similar
program and I would like to hear your comments and suggestions.

Many thanks,

Adolf Ceska
Curator of Botany
Royal British Columbia Museum