From:
underhill roy e <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 1994 20:44:19 -0400
On Fri, 1 Apr 1994, Adolf Ceska wrote:

> Our museum is launching a major experiment in public
> programming.  Curators will be giving three lectures a day,
> seven days a week (one lecture in natural history and two
> lectures in human history per day). The lectures should be short
> (approximately 15 to 25 minutes), and they will be either slide
> presentations, or video presentations with a live curator's
> commentary, or short demonstrations of whatever. The area where
> this action should take place is at the top of an escalator just
> in front of the entrance to the human history exhibit and
> visitors will have to go through this area to enter the exhibit.
>
> I have been asked to co-ordinate the natural history
> presentations. I wonder, if any other museum has a similar
> program and I would like to hear your comments and suggestions.

Adolf,
We have run a "Winter Discover Series" at Colonial Williamsburg for four
years, offering three programs a day, five days a week. For the past two
years we have tried thematic weeks with great success. The thematic weeks
make it easier to promote to out-of-towners. I will send along our
brochure. You may also call @ 804-220-7126. Virginia, USA.
Roy