From:
"Rhonda R. Newton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 11:15:35 -0500
AASLH runs a three-day workshop on collections care - I'm not sure if they
are having it anywhere but Cooperstown, NY.

There is a new collections care training program in the midwest.  Contact
Jean Svadlenak at the Heritage League of Greater Kansas City at (816-)
235-1333.  It's several weeks long and $1800.

There is also the Collections Care Training Program cosponsored by the
Mid-Atlantic Association of Museums and the University of Delaware.  Call
MAAM at (302) 731-1424.  It's 3.5 weeks long and $1800 also.

Watch for workshops being done by the regional museum associations - they
tend to be one day and <$70.

The Center for Museum Studies at the Smithsonian has a three day workshop on
collections care also.  Call (202) 357-3101.

Apologies that I'm being easterncentric - I'd love to learn about what's
available farther west.

--
Rhonda R. Newton                                     || "lifelong
PA Federation of Museums & Historical Organizations  || ailurophile"