From:
Scott Sumner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2005 02:09:11 -0500
With the proliferation of Outlook and Outlook Express and the capabilities
of Java and other HTML associated languages, it is possible to catch viruses
simply by allowing the message to appear in the preview pane of these
programs.  The only way I've found to approach safety in terms of opening
unsolicited e-mails is to use a text based system such as Linux Mail or
Pine.  This literally opens only the text of the message and does not
execute any scripting that may be including in the e-mails.  Unfortunately
it also requires access to a Linux or Unix system to read your mail.

	Scott Sumner