From:
Jeanette Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 1996 17:23:17 -0400
I'm having trouble keeping up with newspaper clipping donations in my museum.
Traditionally each one has been individually accessioned and no deed of gift
issued, but neither procedure sits well with me. Even though they have no
monetary value, I still think accessioning requires a deed of gift. Plus
accessioning makes it difficult to find clippings when they are needed (at
least in our unique system of cataloging.) I've seen some small historical
societies treat them as library material and file by subject with no
accessioning about it.
Please tell me how you handle this type of material.

Jeanette Scott
Winnetka Historical Society
Winnetka, IL