From:
Rachel Talent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:39:58 -0500
When I moved to Miami/Miami Beach a decade ago it had already been dog
friendly for years, well before Paris Hilton and her dog. Restaurants
welcome them in their outdoor dining areas and even provide doggie bowls
of water, the city provides dog water fountains in popular areas,  and
there are countless boutiques that cater specifically to dogs and their
owners. Gallery openings often feature dogs of all sizes, from Yorkie to
Great Dane. One gallery owner I know included a picture of her Yorkie on
the invitations for every show that she held that year.

There are also birds and reptiles strolling around with their owners...

That being said, I don't know of a single museum in the area that allows
animals of any kind because of the potential risks to other visitors and
collections.

Rachel Talent Ivers
Registrar/Exhibitions Coordinator
Bass Museum of Art