From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 13:40:09 +1200
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS -  the international Dinosaur
Webzine with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Teenage T-rex's bones to be cleaned at Woodland Park Centre
About 40 percent of William's skeleton has been recovered and a crew remains
in Montana to check for more fossilized bones

**  A bone to pick with dino raiders
Police and palaeontologists have a bone to pick with amateur dinosaur
hunters who raided a local excavation, swiping fossils millions of years old
for their private collections

**  Feature Site: The Granger Papers Project
A research project begun in 1993 based on an independently held collection
of private expedition diaries, letters, photographs, and memorabilia left by
American palaeontologist Walter Granger (1872-1941) and his wife Anna
Granger (1874-1952).
dinomail lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Not Dinosaurs But: Attacking fish prompt defensive evolution
Palaeontologists Forest Gahn and Tomasz Baumiller studied fossils from the
Palaeozoic era, between 570 million and 245 million years ago, a time when
fish were evolving into many new species with bigger teeth and more advanced
hunting methods

**  Dinosaur egg, other items stolen from Argentine museum
Two armed robbers stole a 75-million-year-old dinosaur egg, 130 teeth of
prehistoric animals and the tail of a titanosaurus from an Argentine
paleontological museum

**  Class allows residents to make dinosaur dig
"We think it provides a new opportunity because you see more and more
families trying to find an adventure-related vacation," Barry said. "Whether
it is hiking in the Grand Canyon or rafting down the Colorado - doing a
family dinosaur dig together is an interest young children may have and we
are excited about that."

**  South Dakota sues to get T. rex
The suit alleges the team wrongfully and illegally removed the skeletal
remains from county property and asks for the dinosaur and all its rights to
be given to the county

**  More Fossil News: New fossil of fish-like reptile found in Arctic
The ichthyosaur - a giant reptile with fins and big teeth - was found with
another 10 or so skeletons of creatures in a Jurassic graveyard on a
Norwegian Arctic island about 1,600 kilometres from the North Pole

***  Dino-Birds: From Dinosaurs to Birds  ***
Dinosaur expert Angela Milner looks at the astounding fossil
"feathery"dinosaurs from China and the bird fossils from other sights around
the world
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0565091743/drdrumsnotforpro

**  Age of the Super Giants Lecture Series - New Mexico Museum of Natural
History & Science

DINOSAURNEWS  webzine now read in 80 countries.  Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall.   Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS:  Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus?  Put us on your
media database.  We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

What our readers say:

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D.,  Affiliate Faculty,  Idaho Museum of Natural
History

First of all I would like to tell you how much I enjoy reading  Dinosaurnews
each week.. Immensely appreciated....
Phil Rutledge, The Grace Museum