From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 1997 16:54:24 -0400
You wrote:

>Can anyone suggest a per square foot value of climate controlled space for
>archival material?  We want to lease a portion of our archive space to
>another party and want to know what to charge them and are not sure how to
>come to a price.  We would appreciate knowing what prices others have
>developed.

In Chicago, commercial providers of climate-controlled space designed for
storage of Art works charge between $.75 and $1.0 per cubic foot.

Diane Gutenkauf
Chair, Midwest Registrars Committee
Curator, Elmhurst Historical Museum
120 E. Park Avenue
Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA

Voice: +(630) 833-1457
  Fax: +(630) 833-1326
Email: [log in to unmask]

My opinions are my own and do not reflect those
of any institution with which I am affiliated.