From:
Terrie Nolinske <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:00:09 -0600
Carol and colleagues:

When working with a museum on accessibility issues, we developed a Braille
map and a Braille translation of a museum guidebook.  Resources that were
extremely helpful include:

American Printing House for the Blind, Inc
1839 Frankfort Avenue
P.O. Box 6085
Louisville, KY  40206-0085

They did a terrific job of laying out and printing the map, even with a
large print overlay.......they may have knowledge about issues you are
contending with.  They may know of some resources of help for you.

Another resource is Chicago artist, Dino Cristanti.  He is a creative
problem solver with whom I've worked on a number of museum-related projects
(some of them tactile elements of resins).  He may be reached by calling
312-440-1044 (work).  His email address is [log in to unmask]

Also, check to see if you have a Lighthouse for the Blind in your area.
They are a terrific resource.

Remember, also, that there are ten Disability Business Technical Assistance
Centers around the country that may have relevant resources......for current
contact information, please check out http://www.adata.org/dbtac.html

The DBTAC for Kentucky is as follows:

Region 4 (AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, MS, TN)
 Southeast DBTAC
UCP National
Center for Rehabilitation Technology at Georgia Tech
490 Tenth Street
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404) 385-0636 (V/TTY)
(404) 385-0641 (Fax)
http://www.sedbtac.org.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Terrie

Terrie Nolinske, Ph.D.
TNI Consultants in Professional Development
Oak Park, Illinois
www.tniconsultants.com
708.386.1331