From:
NOEL STOWE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 1994 21:54:21 -0700
Well, I have been through this discussion and we in the SW don't want this
because distance is a big problem. Apparently the NE one works very well
because everyone is so very close. this was a source of great irritation
between me and NEH when I wanted the program officer out and he suggested we
ought to do this because we were all so close by one another. David Hoober
sees red over this idea since it is regarded as a proposal that will only work
in some geog areas. I have decided to stay out of this discussion and to tell
NEH to bug off. This was a very unpleasant discussion with NEH and with the
David types. NEH officers only want to go to centers like that and only in the
NE and SE will this model work. We have to fly in and out and they drive.It
was a most unillumined discussion!
-- NOEL    (5-7279)