From:
George Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:02:16 +1100
Hi All,

I've not been actively watching this thread until very recently because, as several people have suggested, I only read what appears to be interesting & dump the rest. At the risk of inflaming someone, I'd like to ask the following question:

Do you receive Museum-L postings once daily in the digest form, or do you receive each and every posting individually as they are sent by each sender?

As someone else suggested, if you're reading each and every posting,  either a) you're not doing the job that you're employed to do & you seriously need to look at how you management your time,  b) you're job isn't busy enough to keep you fully occupied (in which case would you like to swap jobs?),  c) you're unemployed, or d) you are reading this in your own time, in which case perhaps you should think about getting a hobby instead of whingeing about postings that don't interest you. If you don't receive the digest form, can I suggest that you do. It'll not only save you a lot of time, but will also please you IT manager.

Let's get back to business. Sovereign Hill, in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia is basically a Gold Rush town depicting life on the gold fields in the 1800's. I don't know it's web address, but I'd be suprised if they don't have one.

Cheers

George Bailey
Australian War Memorial
Canberra, Australia