From:
Leonard Will <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 07:57:09 +0000
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Infodisc
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>We wish to construct a light show and project it on to a high ceiling and high
>side walls in the main lobby of a museum. The graphics will be silhouettes of
>Chinese characters and dragons. We wish these to "dance" over the heads of
>viewers.
>I know that there are expensive ways to do this with computers, etc..
>But does anybody know of a simpler manner that would consist of a stencil cut
>out revolving around a light source?
>
>Doug Powles

Just a warning - try this out in place before you commit to much
expense. If the main lobby is reasonably well lit, especially by
daylight, you may find that the "light show" will be too washed out to
make an effective impact unless you use very high-powered projectors.

It might be worth investigating theatre lighting equipment rather than
slide projectors.

Leonard Will
--
Willpower Information       (Partners: Dr Leonard D Will, Sheena E Will)
Information Management Consultants                 Tel: +44 181 372 0092