From:
Kate Stanton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 15:21:39 +1000
Hi,

I've been reading the discussion on this topic with some interest,
and --surprise, Kari-- I **am** a CPA, as you can guess from my
signature below ;)

I have explained before that I am doing some research on the local
museum for my MPA project, but even when I was doing the financial
audit of the Tas Museum and Art Gallery,  I and other 'general public'
people were fascinated with the idea of a museum as an audit client,
compared to your run-of-the-mill agencies.  I would have to agree
with Claudia that there is a huge untapped  interest in
the workings of a museum--ie, the research undertaken, how an
exhibition is put together, etc.  Further, I think that the more
people understand what goes on behind the exhibitions, the better
chance you would have to attract funds.  There is a misconception
that museums just 'exist'.

Kate

Kate Stanton
EMail: [log in to unmask]
Senior Auditor
Tasmanian Audit Office
Tel: +61 (0)3 62 33 3704
Fax: +61 (0)3 62 33 2957

Tasmanian Audit Office's World Wide Web Address:
http://www.audit.tas.gov.au