From:
Nora Weiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:39:17 -0700
When I was deciding on graduate schools a few years ago, I looked in the
Chicago area.  There are at least some "related" areas you might consider,
but is is amazing that there isn't the possibility to pursue an MA in Museum
Studies in the Chicago area!  The School of the Art Institute of Chicago has
a Masters program in Arts Administration, and I believe Northwestern offers
a few graduate level courses in Museum Studies.  University of Illinois,
Chicago offers a professional certification program in Museum Studies with
coursework in Museology and Museum Practices, and Eastern Illinois
University offers an MA in Historical Administration.  Sorry I can't be of
more help in the distance education area.

Nora Weiser