From:
"R. Silvester" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 1997 21:22:17 +0000
I am helping with a workshop called 'Friends Not Fiends!' being held in
Bath, UK, on 2 December 1997 and organised by the South West Federation of
Museums & Art Galleries. The workshop is aimed at museum staff who are
thinking of starting a Friends/supporters group or who are having problems
with an existing group and need to improve things so that the Friends
really are a support to the museum.

The three people leading the workshop, including myself, are all Friends
of various museums but we are well aware of many of the problems which
museum staff encounter with Friends. We have our own ideas but I'd be
interested to hear from Museum-L of any tips or experiences for getting
the best from your Friends group, or how you turned around a bad
situation. Thanks very much in advance!

If anyone would like to contact me off the list I'd be happy to send you a
report of the workshop.

Rosemary Silvester
69 High Kingsdown
Bristol BS2 8EP