From:
Arne Tengelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 22:01:57 -0500
Hello everyone,

Since my recent post on fundraising ideas for museums, I have had
a lot of requests from subscribers for further help and guidance. My
initial suggestions were just basic outlines, not complete marketing
programs. From what I understand, full programs with step-by-step
explanations would save everyone a lot of preparation time. Since
saving time seems to be almost as important as generating more
funds for museum activities, this sounds like a logical solution.

My time is also limited, so I am not able to adequately respond to
each individual request. Instead I would like to ask the readers if
they would be interested in subscribing to a newsletter offering one
specific marketing or fundraising idea or project per month.  It would
also include additional helpful hints. This would allow me enough time
to create and write a good monthly program within my own timelimits.

The cost per subscription would be very reasonable. With the proper
cooperation and a bit of work, my ideas should make things easier as
well as generate better revenues for each participating museum.

Here are a few of the benefits

- Workable marketing ideas - Sent on a regular basis (year round)
- Minimal cost - So that even small museums can participate
- Program feedback - Comments from those who tried it out
- Additional support - Replies to questions from participants
- Increased attendance - More revenues from tickets, books, food
- Additional revenues - Generated from sources outside the museum
- Better marketing methods - Get more (including free) publicity
- Greater cooperation - Resulting in reduced costs for each museum
- More funds - Means more staff, better programs, bigger promotions
- Save time - Maybe days or weeks on creating/developing new ideas
- Better use of personnel - Use saved time for other projects/activites

I am sure there are many other benefits, but I think this should give
everyone a good idea. These programs will be made so that they can
be used by both big and small museums, with each museum deciding
on which ideas would suit them best.

Those who feel this would be of interest are kindly requested to
send me an email at : [log in to unmask]

Please use "Museum - Fundraising & Marketing Ideas" as SUBJECT
so I can quickly separate your replies from other emails. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Arne Tengelsen
Groupex Marketing International Inc
mailto:[log in to unmask]