From:
Rick Shore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 08:26:29 -0600
(I'm posting this to a couple of related lists, so please forgive any
duplicate messages.)

Hi!

I'm the owner and creator of a traveling exhibit, and I could really use
some advice from the readers of this list.

What are museums looking for in a traveling exhibit?  What features do you
want or need?

For my exhibit, "Envenomators: The Realm of Deadly Snakes of North America"
I tried to give a lot of thought to what features might appeal to
institutions, and what I could do to make hosting the exhibit easier for
them.

We have:

Live exhibit of venomous snakes.
Full-time curator with educational, presentational, and complete  animal
maintenance experience.
Intriguing interactive educational experience.
Bilingual format.
No excess storage space for empty crates.
Low cost one-truck shipping.
On site technician who assists with installation and striking.
Media package for press and TV.
Educational package for teachers.
(if anyone wants more detailed info, you can look at our site,
http://roadark.com, or email me, [log in to unmask])

But honestly, we still have trouble sometimes filling the empty spaces in
our schedule.

What could we change, or what different approach could we take to make this
more useful, and therefore more appealing to institutions.

Many, many thanks for any and all advice.

Rick Shore
President, RoadArk
http://roadark.com