From:
Wayne and Mary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 07:03:59 -0500
Hello everyone

Ross Weeks Jr asks the following:

> among us has risked the loss of one's own job, in order to
demand loudly
> that racial or ethnic or gender imbalance be corrected -- and corrected
> NOW -- within our own institutions?

Yes Ross, there are some idealistic fools out here namely myself
(and I know of others) who have stood up against this kind
of thing in our insitituions.  It cost me personally my career
as a professor, my continuing education opportunity at the
moment and a heck of a lot of money.

One thing it left me with though was my integrity.
Surprisingly, being able to sleep at night knowing you
helped prevent an injustice (in this instance it went as
far as a court battle) more than makes up for the personal
inconvenience.

Regards

Mary Haegele
www.joes.com/home/book_list