Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 08:47:29 -0600
On Wed, 17 Jan 1996 13:47:26 EST Henry Grunder said:

"I believe that most economists would shake their
heads sadly and observe that persons who deliberately and out
of free choice _choose_ to enter and remain in employment
sectors where they know - or should know - that compensation has
been low, is low, and will doubtless continue to be low, are
simply acting economically irrationally."

I suspect that, buying into the neo-Darwinian model, they would in
fact say that such persons were not behaving irrationally, but were
improving the inclusive fitness of their culture by sacrificing
themselves for the preservation of its values... :-)

Pat Galloway