From:
"Feltus, Pamela" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 09:39:29 -0500

> Venturing south you could go to Chiswick and Hampton Court,
Especially go to Hampton Court if you're there during the holidays- they do
a splendid job at recreating the historical holiday, better than anywhere
I've ever seen. And there are very few tourists! But if it's cold, bring
warm clothes in case you get lost in the maze.

And since the art and history people have spoken, I'll put in my vote for
the Imperial War Museum! I have dragged many friends there who hate military
museums and normally end up dragging them out because they end up loving it.
Currently they have an exhibit on the Spanish Civil War, focusing on the
human and artistic as well as military stories, that looks fantastic.

If you want to do a university, do Cambridge instead of Oxford, it's much
less crowded and gives you an authentic feeling. And I'll make a pitch for
Norwich, my old home in the east- noone ever goes there! It's in the far
east and has been untouched by tourism and crowds. There's a Norman "castle"
that stands over the city, an amazing cathedral and quirky museums like the
Colman's Mustard Museum or the teapot exhibit at the Castle Museum. And tons
of wonderful streets to wander around. It's small enough to get to know in a
day or two, but not to get bored.

Pamela Feltus
Curator
National Museum of American Jewish Military History
1811 R Street NW, Washington DC 20009
202-265-6280 x201

www.nmajmh.org