From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:35:32 -0700
I'm not cognizant of any specifically the subject of
museum development, but development, in general, is
more than handsomely covered on The Charity Channel
http://www.charitychannel.com

Its fora include, among others:

ACCOUNTABILITY
Covers all aspects of accountability, ethics and
nonprofit organizations, both online and off.

ANNUAL_FUND
Covers all aspects of the annual fund form of fund
raising

ARTS_GIFT
Covers fund raising for arts and cultural
organizations.

BOARDS
Covers nonprofit governance, board development, and
related issues.

CANADATALK
The "Big Tent" Internet discussion list of the
Canadian nonprofit world (modeled after the popular
forum CHARITYTALK).  Discusses literally any topic in
the Canadian nonprofit sector, with an emphasis on
philanthropy.

CAPTALK
Covers to all aspects of the capital campaign for
nonprofit/NGO organizations.

CHARITYBOOKS
Covers all aspects of writing, publishing, marketing,
and review of nonprofit-sector books.

CHARITYLAW
Covers all aspects of the USA law of tax-exempt
organizations.

CHARITY-PR
All aspects of nonprofits and public relations.  Open
to anyone interested in the subject.

CHARITYSOFT
Covers software, the Internet, and charities.

CHARITYTALK-AU
The "Big Tent" Internet discussion list of the
Australian  voluntary/nonprofit sector.  Discusses
literally any topic in the Australian voluntary
sector.

CHARITYTALK-UK
The "Big Tent" Internet discussion list of the UK
Voluntary sector.  Discusses literally any topic in
the UK voluntary sector. Open to anyone with an
interest in the UK voluntary sector.

CHARITYWIRE
Both nonprofit and for-profit organizations post news
releases of interest to the nonprofit sector. Notify
the media and the general nonprofit community of the
latest news from your organization.  Members of the
media welcome.

CULTURPHIL
All Aspects of Culture and Philanthropy.

CYBERGIFTS
Open to any person who shares an interest in any
aspect of charitable fund raising over the Internet.
It will be particularly of interest to officers,
directors, and staff of nonprofit organizations,
Internet consultants and other professionals who
advise nonprofit organizations, and those who have
developed for-profit fund-raising sites for the
nonprofit community. It will further be of interest to
those with an interest in the law and ethics of
tax-exempt organizations at these topics relate to
inter-state, inter-provincial, and/or international
fundraising over the Internet.

DEV-WRITING
Development writing takes many forms and crosses many
disciplines within the development arena. This is the
first forum dedicated to all aspects of development
writing.

EVENTS
Focuses on the special events form of fund raising.

GIFTMANAGE
Covers all aspects of the management of endowment,
charitable trust and foundation funds.

GIFTPLAN
Planned giving forum, focusing on issues of interest
to U.S. gift planners.
ALSO GIFTPLAN-CANADA and  GIFTPLAN-UK

GIFTPROSPECTING
Focuses on all aspects of prospect research, including
techniques, privacy, legal aspects, and ethics.

GRANTS
Focuses on all aspects of grants and foundations.

RECOGNITION
Donor recognition is a topic that every nonprofit
organization that accepts charitable contributions
must handle, and handle well.  This forum discusses
all aspects of donor recognition.

SPONSORSHIP
SPONSORSHIP is a place for people who raise
sponsorship funds for sports, arts, charities, events
and more. SPONSORSHIP is also for those companies and
others that provide that funding.

TECHNOLOGY
Leading-edge Internet and other technology is being
harnessed by nonprofit organizations to raise funds,
manage and mine donor databases, communicate with
supporters, and run more efficiently.  The sheer pace
of technological advances raises new questions
concerning on-line accountability, ethics, privacy,
law, and more.  TECHNOLOGY is focused on the broader
voluntary-sector social, management, strategic, legal,
policy, privacy, and other issues brought about by the
ever-increasing pace of technology -- especially
Internet technology.  Despite its name, it is not a
"techno-geek" forum and welcomes individuals with
little or no technical background, those who have a
sweeping and in-depth knowledge of the Internet and
other technologies, and everyone in between.

VOLUNTEER-ISSUES
All aspects of volunteers in the nonprofit sector.

> Is anyone aware of an online discussion group
> specifically for museum
> development issues?  I did not find any such entries
> after searching on
> catalist for a colleague, but would appreciate any
> leads list members
> could offer.  Thanks!
>
> Tracy Lauritzen Wright
> Registrar
> National Civil Rights Museum
> 450 Mulberry Street
> Memphis, TN 38103
> tel:  901.521.9699 ext. 30
> fax:  901.521.9740
> www.civilrightsmuseum.org

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

=====
Indigo Nights