From:
Jim O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 18:55:37 -0500
>The Museum has what we believe is the largest public collection of Van
>Briggle pottery in the world.  We are currently in the process of
>developing a traveling exhibit of about 120 pieces of Van Briggle
>pottery, in conjunction with the Smith Kramer Traveling Exhibits Service
>in Kansas City.  If any of you would like more information about the
>exhibit, send me an email.

I'm an art history graduate student (Hunter College, NYC) rather than a
museum person, so I can't suggest venues for your exhibit.  I'm familiar
with Van Briggle, though, and very interested in seeing your show.  Are
there plans to bring it east?  Will there be a catalog?  If there's an
email (or real mail) mailing list, I'd be pleased to be added:

Jim O'Connor
30 South Portland Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11217

Also--does your museum have a special interest in pottery, or is the Van
Briggle connection primarily geographic?

Thanks--
Jim O'Connor