From:
Deborah Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:58:06 -0500
We track what we call "non-accessioned" objects (such as exhibit props,
living history props, duplicates).  They get "NA numbers" (e.g.
2006.1.NA1), are permanently marked, and tracked in our database.  We
have some NA objects that could easily be confused with accessioned
artifacts, so the permanent number lets us know the object is a prop and
not an artifact that has lost its number.

Deborah Thomas
Collections Manager/Registrar
Atlanta History Center
130 West Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, Georgia  30305
p | 404.814.4054	       f | 404.814.2041
e | [log in to unmask]

Find out what's new now at the Atlanta History Center!
Visit www.AtlantaHistoryCenter.com