From:
Julia Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:41:44 -0500
The Chihuly was one of the early basket-form pieces.  I recall in one
episode Frazier has to instruct someone on how to dust "the Chihuly."

There were 2 Frazier episodes dealing directly with contemporary art:
one where F. purchased an abstract painting by a well-respected
contemporary artist from a gallery only to find it had actually been
painted by someone else, and one where Frazier feels obliged to admire
an awful painting in a restaurant and his father, thinking the
admiration is real, purchases it for him.  There were other art-related
subplots in Frazier, such as one where Niles has to pay for the cleaning
of a painting that he accidentally spilled food on at a gallery opening.

Also, to those who noted that Diane from Cheers didn't paint, there is
one Frazier episode where he is mentally confronting his past
girlfriends and Diane is in the corner with a smock and beret, painting
a portrait of Sam.

Julia Muney Moore
Public Art Administrator
Blackburn Architects, Indianapolis, IN