From:
Julie Carpenter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2009 15:16:11 -0500
Our visitation has been up this year (yea!) which I attribute to the economy
(we've had quite a few folks say they're exploring local sites instead of
traveling), implementing regular hours (previously we were appointment
only), and increased exposure in the community through traveling exhibits
and media coverage.

With only 1 part-time staff and two volunteers, our hours are pretty limited
(Tues-Thurs and two Saturdays a month) but hopefully if attendance continues
to grow and I get some more volunteers, by the end of 2010 we can be open
every Saturday.
We have a perception problem with the safety of our neighborhood so other
than our exhibit openings, no evening programs.

Great to hear what other sites are doing/experiencing! Thanks for sharing!

Julie Carpenter
Executive Director
The Betts House
416 Clark Street