From:
Candace Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2011 13:06:58 -0400
Yes, there are subtleties to this that I did not wish to get into on the
list. Suffice it to say I will be looking over the policy and attempting to
curb this in the future.
The fact of the matter is, I would like to be extended the courtesy of being
informed about using the images she has taken. We are exceeding generous and
accessible here, and rely a lot on reciprocal relationships vs. helping our
bottom line.  The volunteer in question using her position to jumpstart her
career, and has, in the past, described her work here as though it is a paid
position, and I've had to ask her to stop that. I view what she has done as
only marginally beneficial to our institution, and more beneficial to
herself.
And that's that!
Candace Perry