From:
Teresa Barrio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2015 14:32:14 -0400
Hi everybody!

My name is Teresa Barrio and I am a Spanish PhD student from the University of Navarre. Right now, I am doing some research in Washington DC, host by the Museum Studies Program - The George Washington University. I would be very grateful if you could take a few minutes to know more about my research and share your thoughts.

The working title of my PhD would be "The museum as inspiring and social harmonizing institution in difficult times". Although I will focus on how Spanish museums have addressed social concerns and needs after the recession, I am also looking for models and best practices at an international level.

More specifically, I am working with museums in relation to three questions:
1-  Did your museum try to deal with the subject of the 2007 recession through its research, publications, exhibitions, talks or other activities and events? Have you done any program or exhibition to reflect the impact of the recession?
2- Do you work with groups such as homeless, poor, unemployed, marginalized or socially excluded?
3- Have you ever tried to mediate in conflicts or situations of social unrest in your immediate environment? How?

You may have experience in these matters, or you may know about others. Any information is very welcome! If you prefer so, you may email me either to [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Thank you in advance for your time! I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Teresa.