Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 1995 13:49:38 -0500
Robbin,
Are there actual museums that do this (see below)?  It's my experience that
budgets are so tight that most museums have a hard time coming up with
funding for their own professionals to attend conferences in the name of
continuing education.

>You might also find that getting an entry level job in a museum will
>put you in a position where the museum will pay for some, or all, of
>your museum studies because they feel it will benefit them as well
>as you.

>Museum jobs with real world salaries for museum studies
>graduates are pretty dismal without connections already established.

Right on, I say - volunteer, volunteer, and volunteer.  The wheat separates
from the chaff.  If you are good, a museum will not want to loose you, and
if they can't retain you - they will write great letters of recommendation.

Suzanne Quigley
Head Registrar
Detroit Institute of Arts
313 833 0261